When it comes to wardrobe design, organization is the key, everything needs to have a place and there needs to be a place for everything in your Wardrobe Design. You need to determine how much storage space you need, a custom designed wardrobe can provide you with the opportunity of re-vamping the way you store your clothes and can reduce any wasted space. Remember that a big misconception is with Wardrobe Design that women have more clothes than men, this is untrue, and women have more clothes that require hanging. So determine how much hanging space you need, you don’t need too many drawers and you only need them for underwear anything else is wasting space.
When it comes down to Wardrobe Design for your home, careful consideration is required, you need to take into consideration the size of the room, how much light enters the room, how many shelves, hangers and additional storage do you require. Wardrobe Design means simple things that you may not think too much about but need to be can be something as simple as the doors for your wardrobe. Just because you don’t notice your closet door, don’t be fooled into thinking that it doesn’t have an impact on the room. If you have a darker room you will want something that is light, are you matching your existing décor or are you going to mix it up.
Here is a guideline to help you measure the length of rails you require for your Wardrobe Design.
1. Clothes that entail a “lengthy” (greater than 1000mmm drop) hanging space … coats, dresses, long skirts, etc.
2. Clothes that require a “short” (less than 1000mm drop) hanging space … jackets, trousers, shirts, blouses, skirts, etc.
3. Clothes that are better stored “folded” … jumpers, sweatshirts, etc.
4. Clothes that are best stored in “drawers” … underwear, socks, tights, handkerchiefs, etc.
5. Various Items to store on “racks” … belts, ties, shoes, etc.
6. Non clothes items to sit on “shelves” … hats, books, photo albums, family papers, etc.
One common question about Wardrobe Design is whether to go with custom or pre packaged. Custom Wardrobe Design will always be a favorite so you can have it personally designed for you, but a pre packaged wardrobe can be just as effective and usually the cheaper of the two. There are so many options to look at with kits that you should not have any problems making the best use of your wardrobe space, just take the time to design the space.
When you have determined your rails and drawer space, don’t forget a space for shoes. There is exact right or wrong way when it comes to your wardrobe design, it depends on your needs, and the result should be that you exceed your storage, it should look fabulous and it should be affordable.